- October 19, 2016
- Posted by: Mega Immigration
- Category: Study In Canada, Study Visa
IELTS Requirements to Study in Canada for Indian Students
The quality of education and living standards in Canada are amongst the highest in the world, but the cost of living and tuition fees for international students are generally lower than in other countries such as the United States and the United Kingdom. As such, Canada is often the preferred choice for Indian students attending college or university abroad.
Canadian universities prepare graduates with the ability to think critically, to be adaptive to emerging technologies, to become leaders in professional fields and to seek solutions in research. The education offered in Canada is divided in to three levels i.e. undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees .
Levels of Degrees in Canada for International Students
- Bachelor’s: generally three or four years of undergraduate study
- Master’s: one or two years of study after the bachelor’s degree, including a thesis, practicum, or research paper or course-based
- Doctoral: three years of study including a thesis, usually after the master’s degree
IELTS Requirements to Study in Canada for International Students
Do you want to study in international programmes or colleges in Canada? Find IELTS requirements to study in Canada for Indian students.
IELTS is accepted by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) as evidence of English language proficiency. If you are applying for a work visa, professional registration or for permanent residence in Canada, it is likely that you will be required to present your test result as part of your application. IELTS results are also accepted for Canadian citizenship.
IELTS Requirements to Study in Canada for Undergraduate course
- For an undergraduate course, students are required to provide a valid score of IELTS with overall 6.0 bands with no less than 5.5 bands in each module.
IELTS Requirements to Study in Canada for Graduate Course
- For a graduate course, an applicant is required to provide IELTS score with overall 6.5 bands with no less than 6 bands in each module.
Relevant Course to Study in Canada for Indian Students
- Arts: Associate degree in general arts & science or Liberal Arts, or hospitality program if have relevant diploma, degree or work experience.
- Commerce: Business or Accounts related diploma or degree
- Medical /Non-Medical-IT: Health Informatics, pre health sciences & all Engineering diploma & degree
Work Rights for International Students in Canada
Student can work 20 hours per week during study, First 6-months in campus & after that out of campus too. Full time during summer, winter, and vacations.
Work Permit for International Students in Canada
Equal to the program length not more than 3 yrs.
- 2 yrs diploma- 2 yrs work permit
- 3yrs diploma- 3 yrs work permit
- 4 yrs degree- 3yrs work permit
- 1 yr pg diploma- 1yr work permit
- 2 yrs masters- 2 yrs work permit