- November 6, 2016
- Posted by: Mega Immigration
- Category: Study In Canada, Study Visa
Study in Canada Under SPP Programme 2017
What is Student Partners Program (SPP)?
The Student Partners Program (SPP) is an administrative framework designed and implemented in partnership between the Canadian visa offices in India and Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) for the purpose of improving the outcomes of visa applications for Indian students who are aiming for studies abroad.
SPP has reduced the stress of students, who are preparing to study in Canada by improving the Study Permit application checklist. This helps students to ensure that they have all the necessary documents to apply to study in Canada.
An SPP visa application is processed and completed within 5 to 10 working days. Visa applications have to be submitted by 1st August each year by those seeking admission for Fall/September intake. You can choose to apply for the visa through Canada study visa consultants in Chandigarh.
Students who are planning to pursue studies in Canada can apply to any of the participating SPP colleges and if their application meets the specific criteria then they are considered under the program. It is recommended that an applicant must submit his/her application at least three months before the beginning of the academic course.
Requirements to Study In Canada under SPP Programme
Following are the requirements to study in Canada under SPP Programme for Indian students when applying for a Canadian student visa :
- An applicant must have a minimum of 50% in their most recently completed degree or diploma.
- The IELTS scores are mandatory and an applicant must score a minimum of 6.0 bands with no band less than 5.5 for undergraduate degree and 6.5 bands with no band less than 6.0 for postgraduate degree.
- The course applied must be relevant to the applicant’s previous study background and must add value to the previous education.
- More than two years of gap is not recommended for undergraduate degrees, with some exceptions made for students with excellent grades and three year gap.
- For postgraduate degrees more than 5 years of study gap is not recommended, with some exceptions made for students with excellent grades and a six year gap.
- For postgraduate degree, you should have graduated with not more than eight backlogs in your previous degree.
- The purchase of a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotia Bank, in the amount of $10,200 CAD to cover living expenses for your first year in Canada.
- You should have graduated with not more than eight backlogs in your previous degree.
- If you have previously been refused Canadian student visa, you are not eligible to apply under SPP.