- November 10, 2016
- Posted by: Mega Immigration
- Category: Study In Canada, Study Visa
Admission Requirements to Study in Canada for International Students
The education system is different in different provinces of Canada. Depending on the province, secondary school education could be up to Grade 11, 12 or 13. The eligibility criterion for colleges also differs in different provinces of Canada. While most Canadian universities require a minimum of 12 years of formal secondary education for admission to undergraduate courses, Ontario and Quebec universities require a minimum of 13 years of formal education. Admission requirements to study in Canada for International students are :
For Free Profile Assessment Call us 0172 507 1177, WhatsApp 9056 7777 31 or Request a Call Back
- You must have high school, senior school certificates for undergraduate program.
- For postgraduate studies, you must provide high school, senior secondary school and graduate certificates.
- Many courses and universities in Canada require you to take one of the standardized tests like GRE, GMAT along with English proficiency test like TOEFL and IELTS.
- A number of professional and vocational courses like MBAs or master’s courses require work experience too. For this a detailed resume is an important part of your application which must include all the details of previous work experience.
- Letters of recommendation play a very important role in your admission especially in master’s and doctoral degree. It is a signed statement by a person who knows you professionally or taught you a subject related to your chosen course.
- Statement of Purpose is also very important in the process of evaluating your application for admission. It is a personal statement describing your reason for choosing a particular course and your career goals related to your field of study.
- You also need to provide your medical examination report, if your course duration is more than six months. You need to take a medical examination by one of the doctors approved by Canadian Government.
Documents Required for Admission in Canada
- Duly filled and signed application form
- Transcripts and mark sheets from school, college or university.
- Certificates of extracurricular activities.
- A well written Statement of Purpose (SOP) describing the reason for applying to a particular college or university.
- An Essay, required to be submitted by a prospective student which must include his/her career aspirations, strengths and weaknesses, experiences and skills.
- Two letter of references by faculty member from your previous school/college or from previous employer describing the qualities, characteristics and capabilities of the student.
- Official score reports of SAT/TOEFL/GRE/GMAT
- Proof of financial support