Documents Required to Study in USA for Indian Students

Documents Required to Study in USA for Indian Students

F-1 Visa (US Study Visa)

The student visa in USA is termed as F-1 Visa. This is the most common type of student visa for students who wish to pursue their academic studies in US colleges or Universities. An applicant also needs an F-1 visa if his/her course of study is more than 18 hours a week.

Eligibility Criteria to Study in USA for Indian Students

The Educational institutes in the US are reputed world-over for their quality education and they have strict set of following criteria:

For Free Profile Assessment Call us 0172 507 1177, WhatsApp 9056 7777 31 or Request a Call Back

  • It’s mandatory to provide proof of your English Language skills by appearing in tests like TOEFL or IELTS. However there are some universities and colleges which provide admission without IELTS or TOEFL score as well.
  • If you are applying for an undergraduate course, then you should have completed 10+2. To apply for graduate level courses, an applicant must have completed at least 16 years of education.
  • Providing proof of your finances is required to assure college/university authorities that you will be able to carry on with your studies.

Documents Required to Study in USA for Indian Students

Following documents required to study in USA for Indian students when applying for USA student visa :

  • A valid passport with validity dates at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States.
  • Four photograph as per U.S. visa specifications.
  • Transcripts and mark sheets from College or University, high school and senior secondary school.
  • Proof of English language proficiency i.e. IELTS or TOEFL.
  • Official score reports of SAT/GRE/GMAT.
  • The statement of purpose is also mandatory. Also, SOP should be such that it stands out in the crowd.
  • Letter of recommendation from at least one faculty member from your previous school/college is required. Also, certificates of achievement and proof of participation in extra-curricular activities will be required.
  • A letter of acceptance from the educational institution or university of USA.
  • Confirmation page of online submitted Form DS-160.
  • Your appointment confirmation page.
  • A Form I-901 SEVIS fee receipt indicating the payment of SEVIS fee.
  • A printed copy of Form I-20.
Author: Mega Immigration
Mega Immigration and Study Visa Consultants Pvt. Ltd. is one of the best Study Abroad Immigration Consultants, we have the answers to all your questions related to studying abroad in USA, New Zealand, Canada, Australia, UK, Germany, Cyprus, Spain, France, Singapore, Ireland and Malaysia. With over thousand successful placements to top colleges and universities in abroad, Mega Immigration remains dedicated towards being a best one-stop solution for all those who wish to Study Abroad.

Leave a Reply