- August 14, 2016
- Posted by: Mega Immigration
- Category: Study In Canada, Study Visa
Requirements to Study in Canada for Indian Students
Every year, 180,000 international students choose to study in Canada, a country fast becoming India’s favorite study abroad destination. Mega Immigration helps you with requirements to study in Canada and admission process to Canadian universities and colleges.
For Free Profile Assessment Call us 0172 507 1177, WhatsApp 9056 7777 31 or Request a Call Back
PROOF OF IDENTITY
- An applicant must provide a valid passport or travel documents along with his accompanying family member.
- Ten recent passport-size photos of main applicant and each accompanying family member. The name and date of birth should be written on the back of each photo.
PROOF OF PREVIOUS EDUCATIONAL CERTIFICATIONS
An applicant must provide :
- Copy of all educational documents from the tenth grade to the last qualification.
- Proof of language proficiency test i.e. IELTS or TOEFL and GMAT
PROOF OF EXPERIENCE CERTIFICATES
If an applicant has some previous work experience than a valid proof of work experience has to be provided along with other documents.
PROOF OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
An applicant must prove that he can support himself and the family members who accompany him, while he stays in Canada. At present it is approximately equivalent to $10,000CAD. He needs to provide proof of sufficient funds to support himself in Canada by showing some of the following :
- Proof of a Canadian Bank Account in the name of applicant.
- Bank statements for the past four months.
- Proof of sanctioned student/education loan from financial institution.
- A Bank draft with convertible currency.
- Proof of income of your immediate family members.
- Agricultural, rental, salary, business or any other kind of income.
- Proof of funding paid from Canada if you have a scholarship or are undertaking a Canadian-funded program.
PAYMENT OF TUITION FEE
An applicant has to pay the tuition fee by Wire Transfer (TT) to the college directly from the bank. An applicant should provide the details of TT later. Also an applicant should mention his name, Student ID or DOB and passport number in the TT.
- A Letter of Intent (LOI) that clearly explains why the applicant is applying and outlines the student’s academic intentions.
- A detailed resume clearly outlining educational achievements, work experience and progression, and other related experience
- Two letters of academic reference attesting to readiness for graduate studies and letters from employers attesting to level of experience and analytical writing skills will be acceptable.
- Letter of acceptance by college, university or other Canadian educational institutions.
Though admission requirements are different from college to college in Canada, the general procedure and requirements to get admission in Canadian Universities or colleges are;
Undergraduate requirements depend on the type of institution one chooses which varies in different ways depending on if the student is a permanent resident or an international student. Applicants who completed high school or any post-secondary must also submit:
- Documentation confirming their high school completion was awarded, if not already indicated on official transcripts.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
The graduate requirements depend on the institution student chooses. The general requirements for most of the institution in Canada are:
- Documentation confirming their high school and secondary school completion was awarded, if not already indicated on official transcripts.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
Mega Immigration and Study Visa Consultants Pvt. Ltd. is one of the best Canada Visa Consultants in Chandigarh, we have the answers to all your questions related to studying abroad in Canada. With over thousand successful placements to best colleges and universities in Canada, Mega Immigration remains dedicated towards being a best one-stop solution for all those who wish to Study in Canada.