- January 16, 2018
- Posted by: Mega Immigration
- Category: Tourist Places
Schengen Tourist Visa from India
Are you planning to visit Europe on tourist visa in near future or looking for requirements to apply Schengen tourist visa from India? Here you can find answers to most of your questions related to Europe tourist visa from India. In this post we are trying to explain application procedure to apply Schengen visa from India, Funds requirements for Schengen tourist visa and Schengen visa processing time for Indians etc.
For Free Profile Assessment Call us 0172 507 1177, WhatsApp 9056777731 or Request a Call Back
Europe consists more than 45 countries out of which 26 countries are the members of Schengen agreement. Schengen tourist visa from India allows Indians to travel throughout these 26 countries for 90 days without having to re-apply tourist visa to each country again and again. Each year around five million Indians visit Europe on Schengen Visa or Got Europe tourist visa from India. The wonderful location of the countries in Europe makes it a premier dream destination for Indians to travel on Schengen tourist visa from India. The list of countries which are included in Schengen Agreement are Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
Schengen Visa Requirements for Indians
Schengen visa requirements for Indians are quite simple as compared to any other country in Europe. Indians can apply Schengen tourist visa from India with or without sponsorship. If you are planning to travel more than one country in Europe, than you have to apply at the Embassy of country where you will be staying the most. Once an embassy issues a multiple entry Europe tourist visa which is also known as Schengen visa for Europe, you will be allowed to travel to all the Schengen countries including Germany, France, Spain, Poland, Italy etc. till the permitted stay. An applicant can stay up to 90 days with in a period of six months on Schengen visa.
Document Required for Schengen Tourist Visa from India
The following documents are required for short term Schengen tourist visa application from India
- A valid passport with two passport sized photographs
- A covering letter mentioning your purpose of visit in Europe
- Proof of sufficient financial means to support your expenses in Europe
- Valid Proof of civil status i.e. marriage certificate, birth certificate etc
- Accommodation reservation for the whole duration of intended stay in destination country
- A formal invitation by relative/friend residing in Schengen country or round way ticket reservation
- If an applicant is an employed, he must provide leave permission from his/her employer.
Medical Requirements for Schengen Tourist Visa from India
A Travel Health Insurance for Schengen visa relates to covering up medical expenses of the applicant in case of injury or unexpected sickness during his/her stays in Europe. An applicant must provide an acceptable medical insurance with a medical coverage of at least 30,000 Euros and must cover emergency medical evacuation.
Prerequisites for Schengen Visa Application Processing from India
- An applicant must apply 3-4 week prior to the intended travel to Europe.
- An applicant must provide all the accurate information and details for visa application processing to Embassy.