- November 9, 2016
- Posted by: Mega Immigration
- Category: Study In Australia, Study Visa
Study in Australia Under Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF) 2018
What is Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF)?
Australia’s simplified student visa framework (SSVF) came into effect from July 2016. The SSVF is a change in the way the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) assesses your eligibility for a student visa. A number of changes have been made to student visa framework which includes the introduction of SSVF.
The changes are designed to make the student visa framework simpler to navigate for genuine students and deliver a more targeted approach to immigration integrity.
For Free Profile Assessment Call us 0172 507 1177, WhatsApp 9056 7777 31 or Request a Call Back
The following changes were introduced after SSVF Australia :
- Now the international student will apply for a single Student Visa (subclass 500), regardless of their chosen course of study.
- Student guardians will apply for the new Student Guardian Visa (subclass 590)
- All students and student guardians will generally be required to lodge their visa application online by creating an account in ImmiAccount.
- A single immigration risk framework will apply to all international students.
English Language Requirements to Study In Australia Under SSVF
An applicant must meet the English language requirements to study in Australia under SSVF. You need to provide the evidence of an acceptable English language test scores. Where evidence of English Language proficiency is required, the following minimum English language test scores will be accepted :
- English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall band score of 5.5 or
- IELTS overall band score of 5 when packaged with at least 10 weeks English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) or
- IELTS overall band score of 4.5 when packaged with at least 20 weeks ELICOS. The equivalent of the above minimum IELTS test scores from the following English language providers will also be accepted:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language paper based test (TOEFL)
- Pearson Test of English Academic
- Cambridge English: Advanced
- Occupational English Test.